X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car won't shift up in multiplayer

I spent some time playing single player and today me and my friend decided to go multiplayer on Steam. I discovered a bug: when I enter a server, the car won't shift up (manual shifting, automatic clutch) and for the bug to get unbugged I have to press Escape for the pause menu and then press it again to return to the race. Only after returning into the race the car shifts normally.

Hi!
    What is the car?
    And what device do you use (keyboard, controller, wheel)?

Comment

Happens with all cars on all tracks. I use a keyboard (gaming one) - A4Tech X7 G800V.

Comment

Could you please send here a screenshot with your settings for the keyboard?

Comment

Of course.
          The first image is for "Devices" settings because I made some changes there as well.
          The second image is my customized keyboard controls.

https://s20.postimg.org/lefkwfna5/devices.png
          https://s20.postimg.org/frj7yykrh/keyboard.png

Edit: I just had this bug again and this time nothing can fix it, so I had to quit the game. However, I made a video using Fraps. As you can see, I'm revving all the time. Somehow I managed to reach 3rd gear (after pressing Right Shift about a thousand times) but despite all the revving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear the car wouldn't go at all. Just an hour earlier it was burning its tires in 6th gear and now this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnNpwsWD7E
          Last edited by rado84; 08-10-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

On the screen...There is no button for 2nd gear

Comment

Originally posted by Rassalom View Post
              On the screen...There is no button for 2nd gear
              Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation and recently came back.
              I don't change gears by using the number keys, I do that by "Right Shift" for "shift gear up" and "Right Control" for "shit gear down". So even if there's a missing key for 2nd gear, this shouldn't affect the overall shifting.

Comment

It's really strange....
                The only report we have about the issue. Could you try another keyboard maybe?...

Comment

I had to reinstall Windows on several machines at home (all with my Steam account) and I made a small experiment whose result is this: only on a fresh installed game this bug appears. After playing a while, it disappears. Unity made games use cache and once CarX creates all the cache it needs, the bug disappears.

Comment

• Rassalom
                    Rassalom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you!
                    It will help us

According to me you need to reinstall the Windows, and try to get the car to clear the cache it needs. A few days ago me and my best friend who is gamer use to play Single-multiplayer games like battlefield and Overwatch which we have Pre-ordered from the Website of www.instant-gaming.com , on the newly purchased Windows PC. At starting we didn't face any problem related to the bug occurrence, but after a month, the PC started showing the error and then after consulting with one of my friends he suggested me to reinstall the window and get the error free PC.

Comment

Working...
                  X