X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online battles

Does anyone know how the scoring for online battles work? Do you get more points if you're a higher rank or something? I've been in quite a few battles where the other drivers have spun out or haven't started drifting until half way through the track but their points are sky high! I link the entire course flawlessly and get half the points, what gives.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie View Post
    Does anyone know how the scoring for online battles work? Do you get more points if you're a higher rank or something? I've been in quite a few battles where the other drivers have spun out or haven't started drifting until half way through the track but their points are sky high! I link the entire course flawlessly and get half the points, what gives.
    build up 4 combos then speed the hell out of corners, higher rank doesnt give more driftpoints

Comment

All about the multiplier!
      You should be getting ultra before the last 2 turns, im able to consistently get 4k+ and am the only one in my league to be able to do so.

Also, you technically get less points for being a higher rank. You get more points if you beat someone ahead of you, and lose less points if you lose to someone ahead of you. You get less points if you beat someone below you, and lose more points if you lose to someone below you. So since im in first, people below me can climb much faster than me and gain ranks while i wait for players to climb high enough to battle me (first can only battle top 21) or wait until im able to battle those ive already beaten again. Nobody in my league has qualified with a score anywhere near 4k so its very easy for me to sweep through the list, im about 100 points higher than second place. Also if you want to make sure someone below you doesnt get ahead, battle them! Winning grants 9 points and them losing takes 9 points from them, giving you an 18 point advantage.

Tip: while the start light is red, ebrake and turn left. Adjust your steering to get the first combo. Then, carefully slide it right as you'll be close to grass. The third manji should leave you plenty of room to run up the hill, then the last manji i usually power over enough to go the other way then ebrake until i get the last multiplier. this leaves me 3 sweepers at ultra combo to get points. To maximize those, i get as close to the cones as i can, then stay on the outside for 2nd to last turn. I cut across to the outside for the last turn then once i get to the grass i come back to the inside at max lock to maximize the distance around the turn. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by trapl0rd; 12-24-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Cool thanks for the tips. I'm always hitting the corners at max speed which means I can only get to the 3rd multiplier if I'm lucky. I'll slow down and get a couple more manjis in there

Comment

Don't monji, it's best to keep your drifts consistent and smooth.
          The key to that is to keep your transitions snappy and to maximize your points, drag your car to the outside and keep on the throttle in order to keep the revs high.
          That way, you get more road to work with and thus, you can get a lot more points. Multipliers also help and mostly guarantee any chance of survival when it comes to driving against top drivers because they can get good.
          You also want to get good qualification scores because that determines if you'll be challenged at all. If you manage something REALLY GOOD, then top drivers cannot even attempt to challenge you because they would probably like to keep their positions.

Turn 1: Handbrake, turning left at the start while holding the accelerator - that way, you rev the engine high, then let go of the handbrake and let the wheels spin, then quickly transitioning right and on the next corner.

Turn 2: Transition at whatever speed you prefer. For me, the ideal line is a snappy one. If you can, make it so your rear wheel goes over the curb onto the grass because your car will then be dragged along by the rumble strip, allowing for more angle and more points and a longer drift in general. That's a personal touch, I like to use curbs in drifting, though in real life, stuff like that is either suicidal, is considered an off track with a 0 or isn't so great for the person behind.

Turn 3: On the next transition into the long right hander, you would want to transition as late as possible, so let go of your throttle and tap your brakes and then it should cause the car to snap back, initiating drift. Keep to the outside and when almost to the end of it, steadily make your way into the outside of the next corner.

Turn 4: Repeat the process, only this time, do not go too far out - there's a sign immediately before the end.

Personally, I only managed 3,500 in round 1 and managed to take 10th after losing a super intense battle with a rival who beat me with a score of 4,000 and then promptly lost 10th when my tablet lagged out and I lost that very close battle with 5th by being lag kicked My eyes are so dry. I almost won too! I could've taken 8th.
          Last edited by Recoponoop; 12-27-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Honestly I can't even win because of people doing what looks like slow ass manjis in the first few seconds of the race. So these people are getting 4k plus and not even drifting a normal line in the match. I no matter how much I even try to follow what they're doing I can't without loosing the combo. Seems stupid to me as they are cheating the system..

Comment

• Recoponoop
              Recoponoop commented
              Editing a comment
              That's weird and quite unfair. Rassalom said that there may be additions to multiplayer, one even including one of my suggestions to have clean drifting.
              I wouldn't call it cheating the system because technically, you've won for trying to stick with a clean line just as they have for managing to control their car during a manji.
              So it depends on your perspective for who wins.

• jarod street
              jarod street commented
              Editing a comment
              Takes practise. And power but its more that do able. Very hard to do it consistently

Key-word= CLIPING POINTS!

I think there should be some cliping points (as in real life). And delete the multiplier. It will make the game a bit more interesting (for multiplayer).

As for me...
            1) train the track for best multiplier strategy.
            2) 4.2k qual (can get 4.5-5k)
            3) stay in the first place with ease.

Multiplayer tracks has lack of line. There has to be something which builds a line (cliping points).
            As I see in battles- everyone is driving realy chaotic and the multiplier destroys the fun and challange.

Someone correct me, if I am wrong!

And Im not saying that the game is bad! Just trying to help!
            Last edited by MixonZ; 12-28-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I find it harder doing the manji stuff to build the combos but I like it. I picture the line as if it's part of a more technical course.

Can anyone clarify, more angle racks up the points faster, correct?

Comment

• Rassalom
              Rassalom commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep That's how it works.

There are people still doing things that others can't. For example the number 1 lead person on league 4 season 2. He literally is maniing at the speed of first gear. I can't even follow his line at that speed while drifting. There are bugs or something because quite frankly he's doing something that others cannot do.

Comment

What car are you using? I can follow his line. I'm using the Spector RS.

Comment

Originally posted by MixonZ View Post
                Key-word= CLIPING POINTS!

I think there should be some cliping points (as in real life). And delete the multiplier. It will make the game a bit more interesting (for multiplayer).

As for me...
                1) train the track for best multiplier strategy.
                2) 4.2k qual (can get 4.5-5k)
                3) stay in the first place with ease.

Multiplayer tracks has lack of line. There has to be something which builds a line (cliping points).
                As I see in battles- everyone is driving realy chaotic and the multiplier destroys the fun and challange.

Someone correct me, if I am wrong!

And Im not saying that the game is bad! Just trying to help!
                Yeah I'm with you, make it like real life drift comps and not fan boys winning by exploiting glitches. Big angles and clipping points are the go and loose all points if you spin. Like I mentioned before I've battled plenty of guys who spin out but still get 3000 points

Comment

And speed should be a factor too. Your speed, angle, clipping points and linking corners should all be point winners, not doing first gear manjis down the straights

Comment

Well actually speed does matter. Me at ultra combo the last two turns I am on 4th & 5th with RS and my best score is 5549. At last big turn im at 3k-3400 and at the end finish line 5k. Theres no glitch, thats how game is made. Would love tho to be like in real life, clipping points, angle/speed, line and etc. Just follow some of the top ranked guys dont drift, drive behind them and try to remember from where, how blabla.. and go training and try do the same. I have spent well over 5hrs. In training the last week. Go in there and battle me, drive behind me and then you try do the same my current ghost is 5k and havent seen someone beat the ghost.
                    Happy drifting and regards.
                    Ps. Erik you know you cant run away from me Lol

Comment

Ah, I didn't think speed was a factor. I thought it was just angle plus distance traveled. Which league are you running in t3d1? Would love to try and follow your run, but don't think you are in my league. I'm in league IV. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by cte View Post
                        Ah, I didn't think speed was a factor. I thought it was just angle plus distance traveled. Which league are you running in t3d1? Would love to try and follow your run, but don't think you are in my league. I'm in league IV. Cheers.
                        I am in league V

Comment

Working...
                        X