X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve your score - tips

I'm regularly winning League 1 and often see ways competitors are missing out on points
    I've received messages from players asking how it's done.
    These are things I've discovered that work for me - try some - your scores may improve - THESE ARE NOT CHEATS - JUST PLAYING WITHIN THE RULES.

1 Use manual gears - automatic doesn't give you so much control. I only normally change up once during a race so it's not difficult.
    2 Never use the footbrake
    3 Start a drift by tapping the handbrake as you turn - you'll get a greater angle of drift quicker than relying on the power & therefore clock up more points.
    4 Get into the higher score combo's as soon as possible - anticipate when the "READY FOR COMBO" message will appear then change direction.
    5 When you cross the start line, have the handbrake already applied, the steering turned to whichever direction you wish to drift & have full power on - you need to be scoring points on every inch of the track
    6 When changing direction, keep the power on & use the handbrake to control the speed - you may need to very briefly release & re-apply the power
    7 When drifting, hang the back wheels on the grass.This gives a longer turn & therefore more points. Very easy to get this wrong !!
    8 Use the best car - see what the high scorers use. The only one I can make work is the Spector RS
    9 Remember it's not a race - you don't have to reach the finish line first. Don't take the racing line cutting corners - you want the long way round, not the shortest way.
    10 You should be crossing the finish line fully sideways,scoring maximum points as you drift.
    11 Challenge people as low as possible on the league table first. By their very nature, they're not the best drivers so they may be easy to beat & you pick up easy points.
    12 Never challenge anyone higher than yourself on the league table. They could be better than you & you'll just lose points.
    13 If you want to see how someone gets a high score, challenge them, but go slowly & watch what they do. You'll lose but may pick up some tips.
    14 You can challenge someone every 20 hours - so make sure you do. If you play same time every evening, over 6 days you'll play 6 times.If you play every 20 hours, over 6 days you'll play 7 times.
    15 Don't fight battles you can't win. If you get beaten, then don't re-challenge unless you made a mistake & you're sure you can win, otherwise you're just throwing points away.
    16 Practice drifting every day in Track Mode to gain free coins & gold. You're allowed 5 attempts & all you have to do is watch the video at the end of each session.
    17 As above ,watch the free videos when the "Free Cash" logo appears to get free cash & coins.
    18 Try different settings on your ipad/phone etc. I use an ipad mini with "tilt" steering - I can't get on with a phone or with a steering wheel to turn.
    19 My settings .. sensitivity 2/3rds to the right....Linearity fully to the right....Auto brake off....Steering assist on....Throttle slider off

Hope that helps someone - have fun
    Last edited by M1nijohn; 07-18-2016, 08:34 AM.

Hey man, thanks for sharing! What about the type of steering? Which one do you use? Buttons, steering wheel or the gyroscope?

Comment

I use the gyroscope - can't get on with the others !!

Comment

Oh, ok. However, I can't get on with the gyroscope. I have recently started playing this game, and I kinda try to figure out how to drift well.

Comment

Good Luck - it took me ages to figure out how to get high scores.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try to figure out the drift secrets

Comment

Nice tips, it's actually 5 videos per day after doing a Drift track (not to be confused with multiplayer 'practice')

Comment

Bodgybro - yes you're correct - I've just edited my original post to make it clearer, thanks.

Comment

2 - Wrong, lot of room to use foot brake for various situations
                  3 & 5 - Depends on track. I rather brake first to slow down a little, then use handbrake to engage drift
                  12 - You could also race higher ranked players to get more points

Would like to know your highest scores too.

Comment

Hi Sphyn0x

I've just put tips that work for me - if you have a different method fine.
                    Here's a screen shot of my current position in League 1, so I'm doing something right !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	carxdrift.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2436

Comment

Yea sorry it probably sounded little harsh. But I still want to know your best scores
                      Attached Files

Comment

No problem - here's some scans of my best scores in Drift mode.
                        It's not very clear scanning my ipad but the scores are..

Airfield 17522 points Time 1.46.199

Name:	airfield.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2440

Saiham 11701 points in 1.33.120

Name:	Saiham.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	2441

Wilson Race 20691 points in 2.31.880

Name:	wilson.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	2442
                        Attached Files

Comment

PS How do you save that screen shot?

Comment

Youre on iPad right? Just press home and lock together.

Comment

Name:	image_525.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	2447
                              Doh - I knew that, but I was thinking there was some connection direct from the game to the forum.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X