X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Drifter on Everyplay

If you like watching replays of drifting, check out this guy on everyplay. He's the best I have seen and uploads very regularly! Of course, he is Japanese(;

Unfortunately, I can't pronounce his name and the url translates the kanji to chinese.

https://everyplay.com/xie-juan-tiyan/home

How did you find the guy?

Comment

I look out for the japanese players(;

Comment

Honestly I don't see anything spectacular here...besides for the entry on first curve...and there are American players just as good

Comment

This driver takes very similar lines to myself. I can tell they are very good. Very clean and consistent lines throughout using the correct gear to extend a corner for each car specifically.
          Entries are high throttle, but holds back a little. Hits outer clipping points very well and holds it around the outside, but lacks speed when hitting the inner clipping points and unlike myself, doesn't bang the rev limiter as often.
          The issue with their style is that they often depend on switchback transitions to extend corners which I can do full throttle without any issue, so consistency is at stake but precision is just as good if not a bit better.

In small areas such as where the hangars are at, drifts have decent angle but the driver lacks the precision to keep it off of the grass even with low speed drifts. I've done similar shenanigans in my R34 (which I actually prefer over his S15) but would much rather have something like the Asura M1 which has a shorter wheelbase but lacks the power due to some turbo lag (twin turbo drift spec update?) but the E30 can do very well especially since all of the torque is available immediately because of the N/A unit.

Honestly, I want to do some tandems with them now. Challenge them to a drift battle or go around the new track (Saihem Forest I think it was called?) and do some gymkhana or something in that little parking area. I think that would be fun.

Comment

What about the English? I'm not too shabby though not good enough to represent us Brits

Comment

• Kingklutz
              Kingklutz commented
              Editing a comment
              Recoponoop I've been playing around a bit more (at 7 mill mark) been drifting all cars, and I have to say for an early car the R34 and R33 are good drift cars, they aren't too shabby in gymkhana, although They have lag.

Haven't tried the 350z fully although when I tried that it felt.... Weird. It snaps then holds and the slightest fidget an it spins.

The S13 coupe has no power, the supra (race version) is a good laugh.

I'm not sure about gold priced car as I literally have no money otherwise I would've got the S13 hatchback... Is it any good? Should I get the truck? The mustang? Delorean?
              Last edited by Kingklutz; 12-10-2015, 03:44 PM.

• Kingklutz
              Kingklutz commented
              Editing a comment
              As for the upgrade idea, I'd much prefer it that way, optimal tuning. Imagine if we could decide whether or not we want two big turbos, one small and one large, engine swaps, removing hoods, changing wheels.

I can't wait for the game to expand but then I can wait. Do you remember Real Racing 3. It was all well and dandy Untill the series hit version update 1.1.2. Then this thing called performance rating was introduced aswell as locked series, the game became a slog and greedy EA took over.

I just hope it doesn't happen.

• Recoponoop
              Recoponoop commented
              Editing a comment
              The thing about the R33 is the HUGE angle lock, but the issue with both the R33 and R34 is despite the abundance of power, they have very long wheelbases and thus doesn't suit my style of drifting in terms of gymkhana. If I could choose I'd say the R34 with a "little" bit more power (It lost a bit of power since the multiplayer update, but I'd have preferred the R34 with about 600-650 hp) with the angle lock of the R33.
              The 350 had an update, but I can't really say about how any of the cars drive now other than the cars I've driven on my other device considering that I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE GAME BECAUSE MICROSOFT WON'T ALLOW IT.

I'm not a fan of the Rx7 for drifting....just takes alot more to get it to break lose....most cars have alot of power to help break...and entry using the ebrake is horrible cause of the lag of accel....I'm running with the Wellington...but have all unlocked cept for the coin cars....

Comment

• Recoponoop
              Recoponoop commented
              Editing a comment
              The S13 coupe in my personal opinion is one of the best drift cars in the game as it's very balanced drift car. If you snap or push it too far, it's very easy to correct to avoid a full spin. Though it may lack the power to have as much angle or speed as other cars, it's just as good.

Originally posted by Kingklutz View Post
            What about the English? I'm not too shabby though not good enough to represent us Brits
            I can represent ua brits don't worry about that, No.1 On the multiplayer leaderboards on CarX and thats just for fun, other than that, 4 years forza on a wheel and 6 on rfactor with a wheel, driftings too easy nowadays.

as for the japanese guy in hlthe videos, he messes up quite afew turns, I.e, Last turn, goes too fast andnearly comes off so he straightens, (This is the second video, cant remember the track name) but yeah, little things like that, but the lines were good, i personally choosethe finewire widelines myself, theyre edgey (No pun intended) and the throttle control and angle need to be on point to not only keep on but not drop any tires,

Comment

SuperMonkey that's pretty awesome. I tend to scrape the wall a lot (as it a slight nudge nothing major) and slightly go off (one wheel) maybe that's because tilt drifting is a little more delayed than touchscreen steering and I'm just not quick enough.

I'm getting better though, I tend not to career off into a wall as much (although I do mess around on bath lol). I'll be up there on your throne at one point gimme a month or two

Comment

I didn't mean to say japanese are superior I just like japanese stuff in general

Comment

Working...
                X